Thanks everyone for participating in our first contest. Here are the results for the top 10 articles or stories of the contest:
- 20/20 Vision Equals Deaf for Most (56 votes)
- The End Of Existence (23 votes)
- The Fashionista Wannabe (13 votes)
- The Trip of a Life Time (12 votes)
- She was running away (7 votes)
- Welcome Home Madame President (7 votes)
- The Life of a Celebrity (7 votes)
- Amy and the Angels (4 votes)
- The Decision to Write (4 votes)
- Hamburger Hill (3 votes)
Congratulations to Victoria Sutton, author of 20/20 Vision Equals Deaf for Most. Great Job! Here’s what she had to say about the contest:
“I normally do not pay attention to these gigs displayed but write for my own personal enjoyment. I happened to try out YMIDoingthis.com for the heck of it and enjoyed the competition. There aren’t many sites who offer up a contest that is done by this type of voting system which makes it even more of a challenge. I love a challenge and just because you ask people to read it, it doesn’t mean they would like it enough to vote. I was thrilled to find out that I had won first place!! YMIDoingthis was not only a wonderful host but they were prompt on getting winners out and the quick delivery of my $50 Winnings to my paypal account. YMIDoingthis has won my trust and I recommend writing for them. Thank you YMIDoingthis.com!”
For those of you who are just arriving on our site, thanks for checking out the contest page. We’ll be putting together a new contest in the near future, so come back often to check the status.
Here is how the first contest worked:
Here’s what you are competing to do, it’s really simple.
Write an article (at least 600 words) and get the most votes. You’ll notice we added a star rating at the top of each article. It can be about almost anything, an experience you’ve had, a story you authored, how to do something, it’s up to you. Just try to write in a way that will encourage people to vote for your article.
Your article can be rated from 1 to 10 stars, but what counts is the vote itself. The article with the most votes at the end of the contest wins! (Yes, even if everyone rates your article with one star it still counts toward winning, so don’t go and vote 1 star on everyone except yours thinking it will help you.)
Here are a few things you can do to get more votes.
Share your article on Facebook with all your friends and family. Ask them to read the article and rate it. (You’ll probably get the best ratings from the people you know too.) Each rating is counted as a vote.
Tweet about your article and include a link back to the article. Ask your followers to retweet your article too. It will help get more tweets and votes.
Email all of your contacts letting them know you are trying to win a prize at YMIDoingThis.com and ask them to help you win.
Tell all of your friends at school or work about your article and ask them to visit and vote.
Use the social sharing buttons on the bottom of the article to submit links to more social networks. We get visits all the time from sites like StumbleUpon and Reddit and other social networks.
So what are you waiting for get started today! The sooner you submit an article the sooner you can start getting votes. Time is of the essence. This contest only runs until May 31, 2013.
Yep, that’s the prize. This is our first ever contest here at YMIDoingThis.com so we’ll see how it goes. We hope the contest turns out to be a success and is fun for all those who participate, so get started today. Login to start your article.
Of course there have to be a few rules, so here we go:
- To be eligible to participate, you must be a registered contributor. If you haven’t registered yet, you can HERE.
- For your article or story to be considered it must be at least 600 words. Articles not meeting this requirement will not be included in the final results.
- All entries must be original works by you. Articles will be checked for duplicate content via copyscape.
- Articles and stories must abide by the policies and guidelines for all postings. Keep it family friendly. No profanity, hate, pornographic or other non family friendly posting will be published.
- Articles must be submitted during the contest period between March 27, 2013 and by the end of the day, May 31, 2013. (Get your article in now to get a lot of votes!)
- No entry fee is required to participate.
- To be eligible for a prize you must have a valid Paypal account and provide YMIDoingThis with the proper information.
- Winners will be decided by the total number of votes received. Only one vote per computer (ip address) is allowed. In the event of a tie the highest rated article will be the tie breaker.
We’ll have a leader board up shortly so you can see your standings!
Still have questions? Feel free to submit them via the contact page. Thanks for sharing your story!